Research Nurse Coordinator Job Details
Research Nurse Coordinator — Full time salaried position
About the Company
Southeast Clinical Oncology Research Consortium, Inc. (SCOR) in Winston-Salem, NC
SCOR is one of the largest community oncology programs sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Community Oncology Research Program or NCORP. SCOR is composed of 23 community institutions over a 6-state area (FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, & VA). The position is based in Winston-Salem in the Operations Office.
- Work closely in-person for the majority of the job (not virtually) with Administrator and other staff to understand the need for Quality Assurance, Site Management, and Human Subjects Protection; to establish a relationship and interact with community research staff for the 23 communities; to conduct site visits to each community at least yearly (travel to Florida is cost prohibitive and communication is done via email/phone) or as needed for research base audits; to travel to research base meetings and communicate new information to communities; to monitor data delinquency for designated research bases; to coordinate, prepare and ensure follow-up for research base audits; to process HIPAA forms and as needed consent forms that are not NCI Central Institutional Board (CIRB) approved; to assist with NCORP progress report yearly and reapplication every 5 years; review protocol updates/revisions/addenda/action letters from research bases monthly; (no patient contact)
- Registered Nurse degree required (salary dependent on experience with base of $75,000 including benefits)
- Preferred oncology and/or research experience
- Microsoft Word and Excel capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Internet and website navigation experience
Skills and Competency
- Ability to review a research study and comprehend all requirements.
- Excellent communication skills: Essential when communicating with community research staff and designated contacts at research bases, and when discussing procedures or issues with other SCOR employees.
- Attention to detail: Essential when troubleshooting and logically working through issues in a careful and meticulous manner.
- Basic computer skills: Ability to navigate a computer (mac or pc) and not be hindered by interfaces, etc. This requires intuition and experience. Ability to create and save documents for use in the Operations Center for use within the office or in the community setting.
- Organizational skills: Required for manageable assessment and continual advancement of extensive amounts of data.
- Ability to create and prepare accurate documents for SCOR staff: These documents need to reflect any anomalies, issues or problems, especially when dealing with new procedures, protocols, and issues with communities.
- Valid driver license and able to travel
Flexible work hours, PTO, HSA, health insurance stipend, retirement savings plan, LTD, AD&D, life insurance